So first i didn’t want to make this article with a valentine theme. Just for the reason that it is to commercial. In my opinion you don’t need a special day to express your love to someone. So that said i made more a article for self love. In my opinion you can’t be loving another if you don’t love yourself.
1. Take home the spring, but avoid roses.
Buy a beautiful bunch of spring flowers for yourself and look forward to spring. Avoid red roses! Red roses, heart-shaped things and everything that is red. Roses are now way more expensive that in the rest of the year.
2. Give yourself a beauty treatment.
Turn your bathroom into a beauty spa with scrubs, (hair) masks and other beauty treatments. Take care of your skin, hair and hands. Or make an appointment with the beautician on that day. If you look good, you feel better too.
3. Work up a sweat.
Go to the gym, go jogging or work up a sweat at home. Because of the released endorphin’s you will feel good and sleep well.
4. Cook the stars of heaven.
Boil or fry something that you have never made before. Invite a single friend or family member to eat it together.
5. Refocus your room.
Move the furniture, throw away clutter, paint a wall in a new color if necessary and think about how nice it is that you can do what you want yourself.
6. Help a couple. Score points with your friends by taking care of their child so that they can eat out again for the first time since birth.
7. No kids please! If you do not like children, go to the shelter and remember that a puppy could be a much better friend.
8. Netflix and chill. But then ‘chill’ when hanging on the couch with a bin Ben & Jerry’s.
9. Start online. If you want by next valentine’s day to not be singel anymore. Start your search online for a dating site that suits you. Install dating apps, there are plenty of options. And look up some low key gatherings nearby. Keep it relaxed and be yourself.
10. Forget that it’s Valentine’s Day! And pretend it’s a normal day. Plus: tomorrow is all chocolate on offer!